Pilates Fusion is a results-inspired atmosphere. Whether your goals are to just relax, build tone and feel energized, to sweat and build strength and endurance, work on flexibility or you’re just looking for a good compliment to your other physical activities, Pilates is for you! With mindful movement here is what Pilates Fusion clients benefit from:
BENEFITS OF PILATES
- Feeling of well-being
- Sense of accomplishment
- Bone density and metabolism
- Full-body strength
- Joint stability
Classes and privates offer:
New levels of intensity to workouts with a focus on posture and balancing the needs of stability and mobility. The Pilates Fusion team offers services for individualized needs. Classes are small, with a maximum of 5 people, so the instruction is attentive and modifications are given as necessary.
In private sessions, we can be more focused on specific needs such as post-rehabilitation, prenatal and postnatal fitness and sport specific conditioning. Services will also be provided for menopausal and post menopausal strength and flexibility training or for the very busy professional who enjoys time out for themselves to work on their posture and full body movement needs.
Using state of the art machines, apparatuses and small equipment we provide low impact yet challenging workouts. The results are inspiring as the client begins to feel stronger and lighter and is able to carry out activities with more agility and mindfulness.
Breath and methodical movements create a moving meditation experience that relaxes and focuses the mind. The student allows themselves to be guided for precision movement. The movements become more dynamic in nature as the body demonstrates it’s mastery in movement and begins to understand and be aware of itself.
For golfers, shoulder motion can be influenced by restrictions found in the mid-back muscles and joints, while restrictions in the lower back might be influenced by problems in the hip region.
For this reason, the assessment should be for the entire body and not just the area that appears to be inhibiting the swing. For a golfer, the Pilates routine should start by doing the mobility exercises followed by those for balance and, lastly, the stability workout for stance and swing.
You can increase club-head speed by developing flexibility and then by learning how to control this newly developed flexibility. Increase club power by training dynamic postural balance and by doing segmental coordination exercises for the entire body.
Who can do Pilates? Everyone!
- The Aging adults – for a more mindful approach to fitness
- The Out of shape – to reclaim confidence in coordination, strength and flexibility
- The Active-retired – to maintain mobility and an independent lifestyle
- The Menopausal – to ease symptoms, anti-aging workout, resistance training for bones, stabilization and balance training for function
- Men – to prevent injuries
- Elite athletes – to cross-train and sharpen movement patterns
- The Physically fit – for greater endurance and power
- Women in Postnatal phase – to quicken recovery, improving self- image
- Individuals in Post-rehab – after inflammation, a variety of exercises are given to align the bones and balance the muscles. A routine specific to your needs will then be offered, progressing gradually to greater challenges
- The arthritic – gentle on the joints, for pain management
- Golf & Racquet players – Sport specific and cross-training
- Ski & Skate athletes – Sport specific and cross-training
Montreal’s premiere Pilates studio honours the original teachings of Joseph Pilates with an innovative approach. Pilates Fusion has been serving the West Island for over 10 Years.
V2 MAX PLUS™ Reformer Cadillac machines;
NEW highly versatile stability chairs and additional small equipment and machine accessories.
Other perks that are conducive to mind-body training:
Natural lighting, very clean. | Appropriate temperature control. | Soundproof studio to enhance concentration. | Fresh air flow and proper ventilation.